mUzima comes with an initial setup wizard to aid in setup and configuration. During the configuration process, a number of resources are downloaded from OpenMRS instance for use during actual use of the application. These resources include Cohorts (List of patient records), Forms, Concepts, Forms, Encounters and Observations.
The configuration process is executed only once when the app is first launched, but in case of interruption the setup process will be restarted.
Once you have downloaded and installed mUzima as indicated here, follow the steps below to it set up
Step 1: Launch the app and specify the following three (3) required variables at the login page:
The app comes with default URL pointing to mUzima demo server (http://demo2.muzima.org) that can be accessed with the credentials (username: admin, password: test)
Step 2: Upon successful login, there are two methods of continuing the setup - Guided configuration and Advanced setup method
- For Guided configuration, the app uses configuration information created at server side that specifies all relevant resources to be downloaded. For example, this is useful for implementations that have many users who want to download the same set of resources from server side, and therefore provides a convenient way for specifying what exactly to download. To use Guided configuration, choose a configuration and go next. (As of version 2.0, only one configuration can be selected)
- For Advanced setup, a user has to select every resource they need downloaded through a step by step process. Advanced setup proceeds as follows:
- Select and download cohort(s) - try to download a small cohort as it might take a long time to download large cohort and its obs/encounters/demographics.
- Select and download Form Template(s) - it requires to download at least one(1) registration form template. If not, it won’t allow you to move to the next step.
- Add Providers - Add any providers who will be using these device
- Add Locations - Add Locations where the current Cohort of patients is located
- Add Concepts – you can click next unless you want to add additional concepts and their obs.
- Barcode Scanner – you have options here to install barcode scanner from playstore or move to next.
What if I want to test mUzima
Use the following settings to connect to our Demo server:
- URL: http://demo2.muzima.org
- username: admin
- password: test