mUzima Application gives you the chance to customize the application with your special requirements.
However mUzima application provides some default settings, you can personalize them.
Default settings are defined as the settings that majority of users would choose.
The purpose of this document is to introduce you these settings and to describe how to configure them.
Open the Settings menu
- On any page while the options menu is available, tap the three vertical dots () at the top-right corner.
- Then a menu will be appear which gives you an access to further actions related to the current activity such as Settings, Help, and also gives ability to log out.
- Choose the 'Settings' menu item, then the Settings menu will be appear.
You can now configure the parameters of the feature you would like to change.
In this section, you can change the server URL which your mUzima App is linked and draws data from.
To change the server URL follow the following steps:
- Tap on the available server link and you will be enable to make the necessarily changes by typing a new server URL.
- Tap 'OK' to save the changes or tap 'CANCEL' to abort them.
After tapping 'OK', an alert dialog will be appear which warns you that if you change the server URL, all your mUzima data will be cleared.
At this point, you can withdraw you server URL changes or confirm them.
Note: If you change the server URL, it will clear all mUzima data from your device.
User name and Password
There is no option to change the user name or the password. They can only be changed from the server side.
Session timeout refers to the time of inactivity after which the mUzima Application automatically logs you out.
This means that the application automatically signs out you after you do not perform any action during this amount of time and you need to log in again.
This is a security feature that protects patient information. The default session timeout is 5 minutes.
To configure session timeout:
Tap on the session timeout field. The session timeout dialog will be open.
Set the new session timeout value in minutes.
Tap 'OK' to save the changes or tap 'CANCEL' to abort them.
Note: For security reason , it is recommended not to set the session timeout too short or long time. If you set it too short, it can cause that the application will log out you often.
Automatic form save interval (mins)
Automatic form save interval is the time interval the application saves the current changes a form automatically helping to reduce the risk of important data loss.
The default automatic form save interval is 2 minutes.
To set automatic form save interval:
- Tap on the automatic form save interval field. A dialog will be open, where you can set the new, desired value.
Set the new value in minutes.
Tap 'OK' to save the changes or tap 'CANCEL' to abort them.
Real Time Sync
This feature allows you to automatic upload of completed patient forms.
That means, when you are connected to the internet, completed forms are synchronized automatically from the server to the device and vice versa.
If Internet connection is not available, completed form data will be synced when connection becomes available later.
If the Real Time Sync check box is ticked, the real time synchronization is set, otherwise not.
To set this feature, tap on the Real Time Sync check box:
Require medical record number
You can set whether primary medical record number is required or not during client registration process.
For setting this feature:
- Tap on the 'Require medical record number' field.
If the checkbox is ticked means you need to set the primary medical number to the new client during the registration process.
- After, you tap on this settings, a dialog appear:
Duplicate form data warning
Once the check box is checked, the user will be warned in case a duplicate of a form for the same patient is being filled.
To avoid the form duplication, set this feature on by taping the check box:
mUzima application lets you adjust the font size to one that is most suits you. This font size applies to all forms.
To set the font size:
- Open the font size dialog by tapping on the font size settings.
- Choose one of the available font size options: Small, Medium or Large.
After changing it, the font size of the forms will be changed immediately.
mUzima application gives you the opportunity to select the landing page: dashboard or client list. This means after the next log in, the selected page appears.
To set the landing page:
- Open the landing page dialog by tapping on the landing page settings.
- Choose one of the available options: Dashboard, Client List.
Enable Night Mode
mUzima App provides two different themes: Dark and Light. The default theme is the dark.
For setting the Light theme as the mUzima App's theme, tap on the 'Enable Night Mode' checkbox:
Default encounter provider
In mUzima application, you can set yourself as the default encounter provider.
Once this check box is checked, the logged in user will be the provider by default:
Under this section, you can manage providers by downloading one from the server or removing one from the device.
For opening the Providers dialog tap on 'Manage providers' field.
Add new provider
- Start typing the name of the provider you would like to add to the providers list.
After typing three characters, if mUzima app finds any name which matches your request, a list appears and you can choose the provider you want.
- Choose the desired name from the list. The selected name will be added instantly to the providers list:
You can remove one or more providers at the same time:
- Select the provider(s) you would like to remove.
The background of the provider will turn into blue as shown as it is selected. At the same time, a bin icon ( ) appears at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Tap on the bin (
You can remove multiple providers at the same time by selecting all of them one by one. ) icon. The provider(s) will be removed immediately from your providers list.
Default Encounter Location
In this section, you can set the default encounter location by selection the location from the given locations list.
Follow the following steps for set the default encounter location:
- Tap on the Default Encounter Location field on the settings dialog (this field shows you the location set before).
- While the default encounter location dialog appears, select a location from the given list.
After your selection, the default encounter location will be set immediately. If you don't want to change it, tap on the 'Cancel' button.
Note: If the location you selected would be removed from your location list, the default encounter location will be changed into 'No default encounter location'.
Under this section, you can manage locations by downloading one from the server or removing one from your device.
For opening the Locations dialog tap on Manage locations field.
Add new location
- Start typing the name of the location you would like to add to the locations list. After typing three character, if mUzima app finds any location name which matches your request, a list appears.
- Choose the location you want to add to the locations list. The new location will appear on the locations list immediately.
You can remove one or more locations from your list at the same time:
- Select the name of the location you want to remove from the locations list.
The background of the location will turn into blue as shown it is selected for removing. At the same time, a bin icon ( ) appears on the top-right corner of the screen.
You can deselect any location by taping on it again.
- Tap on the bin (
The location will be removed immediately from the list.
You can remove multiple locations at the same time by selecting all of them one by one. ) icon for removing the location.
Note: If you remove the location which was set as default encounter location before, the default encounter location will show 'No default encounter location'.
Manage Cohort prefixes
A cohort is a list of patients that share the same characteristics, e.g. location, age, gender. Cohorts are created according to the patient attributes.
For opening the Manage cohort prefixes dialog tap on Manage cohort prefixes field.
Add new cohort prefix
- Start typing part of the desired cohort you would like to add to your list. After typing three characters, all matching cohorts will be displayed in a list.
- Choose a cohort you would like to add your list and mUzima app will automatically append it to your cohort prefixes list:
Remove cohort prefix
You can remove one cohort prefix from your list. For removing cohort prefix, you need to select the bin icon () next to the name of the cohort prefix.
Concepts are used to configure what observations to download for the patients. That means, you can manage what kind of data will be shown for the patients.
If you add more concepts, more information will be downloaded for the patients if available. If you remove concept from your list, the data will not be downloaded even if it is available. You can manage your concept list any time.
Under this section, you can manage concepts by downloading one from the server or removing one from your device.
For opening the Concepts dialog, tap on the Manage concepts field.
Adding new concept
- Start typing the name of the concept you would like to add to the concepts list.
After typing three characters, all concepts will be displayed in a list.
- Choose the concept you would like to add your list and mUzima app will automatically add it to your concept list:
You can remove one or more concepts from your list at the same time:
- Select the name of the concept you would like to remove.
The background of the concept will turn into blue as shown it is selected for removing. At the same time, a bin icon ( ) appears on the top-right corner of the screen.
You can remove multiple concepts at the same time by selecting all of them one by one.
You can deselect any concepts by taping on it again.
- If you really want to remove the concept from the concepts list, tap on the bin ( ) icon and the concept will be removed immediately from your locations list.