This feature has replaced the Notifications feature on the dashboard in version 2.4.2. This feature allows for real time messaging between providers who have registered their phone numbers on mUzima. The Chat Now feature is set up and enabled while setting up mUzima.
In order set up and to use the Chat Now feature:
- Secure two devices
- Launch your mUzima mobile application. The mUzima disclaimer will be displayed
- Scroll down and click “AGREE” to agree to the mUzima disclaimer. A pop up requesting to give mUzima access to your device contacts and media will be displayed
- Click “CONTINUE”. A pop-up requesting to give mUzima access to your device contacts will be displayed.
- Click “ALLOW”. A pop-up requesting to give mUzima access to your device photos, media and files will be displayed.
- Click “ALLOW”. A pop-up requesting to allow mUzima to make and manage phone calls will be displayed.
- Click “ALLOW”. A page for entry of your phone number will be displayed
- Go to the drop-down arrow and select your country. The country code will be auto filled
- Enter the phone number and click “REGISTER”. A verification code will be sent to your number.
- Enter the code. The phone number will be verified and a page for setting your profile will be displayed.
- Add a user name and profile photo. Click “FINISH”. The log in page will be displayed
- Enter your username and password and proceed to log in.
- The mUzima
- set up page will be displayed.
- Select the set-up option of your choice and proceed to set up mUzima. The landing page will be displayed
- Both devices should be set up with steps 1 to 14. Different phone numbers should be used
- Go to the dashboard of the first device. The dashboard will be displayed
- Select the “Chat Now” tab. A page for messaging will be displayed
- Click on the pencil icon at the bottom right hand corner. A page allowing you to select a contact will be displayed.
- Select the contact of the provider on the other device. A page for typing a message will be displayed
- Type a message and click on the send icon. The message will be sent and a tick will appear against the message.
- The provider on the other device will receive a notification of the new message.