Similar to previous versions, mUzima version 3.x comes with an initial setup wizard to aid in the recommended program setup. A program setup can be described as a process of downloading packaged resources from an OpenMRS instance (server). During the setup process, a number of resources are downloaded from your OpenMRS instance for use during the actual use of the application. These resources include Cohorts (Groups of patients having similar characteristics e.g Hypertensive patients), Forms, Concepts, Encounters, Observations, Providers, Locations, and settings.
The setup process is executed only once when the app is first launched, but in case of interruption, the setup process will be restarted.
Once you have downloaded and installed mUzima as indicated here, follow the steps below to set up the mUzima through the Guided setup.
STEP 1: Launch mUzima app on your phone.
STEP 2: Click NEXT or SKIP the slide show.
STEP 3: Read the Usage Policies and ACCEPT ALL
STEP 4: Click NEXT to continue.
Starting mUzima and accepting usage policies
STEP 5: Specify the following three (3) required variables at the login page as per your OpenMRS instance.
As a user Use the following two options to enter the url
- Enter the URL by manually typing it in.
- Use of inbuilt QRCode/Barcode functionality.
- Click on the QR code icon () and allow camera permission.
- Scan the QR code on mUzima dashboard on the server or a printed QR code/barcode. The URL will automatically be copied into the URL field.
The app comes with a default URL pointing to mUzima demo server (http://demo2.muzima.org) that can be accessed with the credentials (Username: admin, Password: test). In this illustartion, we shall use the (http://pretest.muzima.org) credentials to setup mUzima App using the OpenMRS demo server.
You will need to request your implementation administrator to provide you with the mUzima OpenMRS QR Code.
mUzima OpenMRS QR code
STEP 6: Click on mUzima Application from your application drawer to launch the application. The login page will be displayed.
STEP 7: While on the login page, you will be required to scan the URL by clicking on the QR Code icon.
- Upon clicking on the QR Code icon, your device camera will be launched.
- Give mUzima permissions “While using the app” to use your device camera.
STEP 7: Point the camera to the mUzima OpenMRS code provided by the administrator.
- The URL will be scanned successfully.
- The URL will be scanned successfully and auto populate on the URL code field area.
- Login to mUzima
URL scanning and authentication
STEP 8: Upon successful login, mUzima version 3.x uses the Guided Program Setup.
- As of mUzima 3.x, the Guided Setup is the only setup method in the App. In this setup, the app uses program information created on the server-side that specifies all relevant resources to be downloaded. This is useful for implementations that have many users who want to download the same set of resources from the server, and therefore provides a convenient way for specifying what exactly to download. To use Guided setup, choose a program and tap NEXT.
Searching and selecting a program
- The setup wizard progress will be visualized.
Setup wizard progress
STEP 8: The setup finished successfully. Click on FINISH to complete the guided setup.
Finish setting up mUzima
You will be navigated to the Home menu item. See the documentation on using mUzima under Using mUzima Version v3.x.
This video tutorial provide a step by step guide to installing and configuring mUzima.