The clinical summaries feature of mUzima health applications is built to bring patient level reports and summaries to the mUzima mobile app. The feature utilizes the OpenMRS Reporting Module to design and generate HTML reports that are then rendered on the mobile application.
A. Creating a Report (Clinical Summary)
Steps to create a summary.
NB: You may need knowledge of Groovy / Velocity scripting to create a report of your choice. Refer to Reporting Module Wiki for more information and to familiar yourself with the reporting module terminologies,. To create a sample report:
1. In reporting module >> Report Administration, create a new report of type Custom Report (Advanced). Specify a name and appropriate description
Once you click submit a report is created for you with type Report Definition.
2. Next, create dataset definitions that will be used to pick specific data needed from your report. You can use any type of dataset definitions provided by the reporting module. Let's create an SQL dataset definition to pick patient demographics. From the reporting menus, click on Data Set Definitions, then click the small plus (+) against SQL Dataset to create an SQL dataset definition.
3. On the new Dataset window, enter the name and description of your dataset and click save. You will be forwarded to a page to enter your SQL. Enter your SQL query, (optional: you can use preview to test it) and save when done.
4. The next step is to create parameters to specify the specific patient you need to generate a summary for. On the Dataset edit window (in step 3 above), click on the
[+] Add button against Parameters. Add a parameter of type Single: Patient (since we need to return a single patient record). Give an appropriate name and label and save.
5. The next step is to add this Dataset definition to the reports we created earlier and also create a report renderer - (a view to display/view the report).
On the Report Administration page, identify the report we created earlier and click on the Edit Report Icon.
6. Click on [+] New Dataset Definition (#1 in the image above) and on the resulting window, select the Dataset Definition we created earlier. Provide a key for it also. The Key must be unique in this report. Choose the Parameter we created in Step 4 and click Submit.
7. On the Report Editor, under the Output Designs, choose an output design that best suites this report. Consult https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Designing+Reports for the different types of designs you can use. For this step by step choose HTML/Text-based Template and click Add Another. This will open the Text Template Report Rendered window that allows you to use either Groovy or Velocity scripting to design your report.
- Provide a name and description for the renderer and proceed to design the report in the EDIT window.
- Use the preview window to see the expected output
8. At this level, you have completed the report template and you can run it under report administration for a patient to see the results. The green button in Step 5.
9. Consider this write up https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/How+to+create+a+Patient+Clinical+Summary+using+Reporting+Module for more info and sample dataset definition.